During breakfast yesterday our weather radio went off for a Tornado warning in a neighboring county...before I knew it the radio was going off again for us and the sirens outside. I got the boys in the bathroon with shoes and bike helmets on! Well turns out we had a EF-2 tornado and it came pretty close to our house! We live at the end of our street which backs up to another subdivision and a field. I drove through that subdivison today and there was damage to the homes the street over from ours!!! There were a ton of trees down, windows blown out (plywood over them now), and fences down everywhere! I am so glad no one was hurt. Chip sometimes thinks I overreact during storms but after the EF-4 tornado of 1989 (which killed 21 people) being less then a couple of miles from my house...I don't mess around!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Bad weather
During breakfast yesterday our weather radio went off for a Tornado warning in a neighboring county...before I knew it the radio was going off again for us and the sirens outside. I got the boys in the bathroon with shoes and bike helmets on! Well turns out we had a EF-2 tornado and it came pretty close to our house! We live at the end of our street which backs up to another subdivision and a field. I drove through that subdivison today and there was damage to the homes the street over from ours!!! There were a ton of trees down, windows blown out (plywood over them now), and fences down everywhere! I am so glad no one was hurt. Chip sometimes thinks I overreact during storms but after the EF-4 tornado of 1989 (which killed 21 people) being less then a couple of miles from my house...I don't mess around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm glad you take it seriously! Harrison was at my in-laws yesterday during the tornado. They have LOTS of damage to their house and yard! He thought it was fun sitting in the bathroom with a flashlight, pillows, and toys. Hope he always thinks so:)
Post a Comment