Monday, May 11, 2009

Plenty of Platelets

Well, Will started sneezing on Saturday and his nose was running. I thought is was just allergies. He seemed fine Sunday morning other than the sneeezing but by dinner time he was in tears that his ear hurt. He had petichiae all over his face and some on his arm, stomach and back. Needless to say I took him to Dr. Laue today and Will has an ear infection. He checked Ben's ears while we were there and they were clear...thank goodness!!! Dr. Laue ran a CBC and Will's platelets were at a nice 187,000! I was a little worried but infections can do weird things to his platelets so I was expecting some kind of a drop. We then went to eat with Daddy and pick up his medicine. We got home at 1:30 and he has been sleeping since (it is now 4:00).

No comments: