Friday, June 19, 2009

Bible School




Will participated in his first vacation bible school this week at our church. The theme was "Crocodile Dock". There were 1300 children (preschool through rising 8th graders) participating. Will had a wonderful time! His teachers were great and they said he behaved. Some of the children were a bit wild. Will told me that is favorite character from VBS was the crocodile and that "God is powerful."

I volunteered all week in the preschool crafts. I traveled to different rooms and helped 3, 4, and 5 year olds make crafts everyday. We used lots of paint, glue and even some dirt. It was kind of crazy but it was nice to see all the kiddos enjoying VBS and learning about God.

Ben on the other hand hated the nursery! He was not a happy camper. I pray this separation anxiety goes away soon! Luckily Gigi and Daddy both watched him some this week so Mommy and Will could participate in VBS (parents of preschoolers were required to volunteer and to remain at the church at all times).

I hope Will continues his love for reading bible stories. We look forward to participating in a mission week for preschoolers and their parents in July.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness..how funny is that...that was the same theme that Shelby had for VBS. She really liked it and still goes around saying "God is powerful"....she really didn't like the pharaoh (she calls him the Grinch)--very tramatized. Glad he had a good time.