Monday, October 6, 2008

My Grandpa Sutich




My maternal grandfather passed away today at the age of 88. His name was Michael Sutich. He was the last of 8 siblings to pass away. He was a wonderful grandpa. I have very happy memories of him that I will share with my boys. Grandpa always had a smile on his face and fun stuff for us to do. He lived in a rural town in Montana so we would go on long walks together and explore the creeks. He always fixed us waffles, special popcorn, smores and ice cream floats. He taught us to play badmitton and horseshoes! I am very sad that he is gone but he is in a better place. The past couple of years have not been the best for him health wise. We almost lost him a year ago but since then he has got to spend more time with my grandmother (they had been is separate facilities).

Grandpa was a strong man who endured lots of pain and hardships in his life but he left many many precious memories with those who loved him.

"And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand."
(Grandpa's favorite hymn)

The pictures above are 1. My brother, grandpa and me at the airport
2. I decided to give Grandpa hair.
3. Grandpa and me with his dog Kelly.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Jessica said...

I miss him already...I know he is in a better place, but it doesn't seem fair either. He was always so happy.....this just sucks!
~~J

Jenny said...

Natalie, I'm sorry about your Grandpa. He sounds like such a class act. I'm praying for your family.