Thursday, August 27, 2009

New babies, activities, etc....

I first want to congratulate my cousin Jessica and her hubby Brad on their newest addition Alexis Joy born on August 24th. She weighed 6 pounds and was 19 inches long! Jessica was going to be induced that day but her water broke at 3 AM with a 120 mile drive to the hosptial. (They live in a small town in Montana.) Jessica was a pro and delivered the baby in the back of their mini-van at mile marker 169 on Hwy 20 west! Mom and baby are doing great!

Will started choir this week and did great! I have signed up to help and usually he is clingy when I am around but he paid attention to everything his director said! He has also started Spanish at school and has learned several color names.

We are having new countertops put in next week so Chip and I are excited. When we purchased our house 4 years ago it was a seller's market...hard to believe now! Our old house sold in less than 3 days! We had just found out we were expecting and we wanted a quiet street, 4 bedrooms and a nice flat yard...well white cabinets and countertops were a "sacrifice." We are still going to have white cabinets but we are super excited about our new countertops and sink. Chip is going to tile the backsplash, get rid of the wallpaper and then we plan to glaze the cabinets...but not all at once (so don't be looking for before and after pics anytime soon....it will be a work in progress).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

THANKS NATALIE!!

We are doing great....Alexis is nursing very well and I am doing good too. Still can't believe the chain of events that happened on Monday. We are so glad to have her here.